10 August 2014

Email about finding the sense of I Am

Hi Ed,

Thank you once again for a peaceful Satsang . The chanting brought a very good and upbeat energy.

About where I'm at right now.I have had glimpses of the Self over the last years, including an experience a few weeks ago when I was full of a throbbing energy during sleep and felt as though the Self itself had come to take a look at this soul i am... I ( almost involuntarily) started chanting Om Namah Shivayah..and though I was scared ..yet felt i wanted to give in to the Source..but it didn't happen, something held me back.

Another time , probably last year, I was sitting in my living room and everything dissolved and there wasn't even time- just Nothing . A couple of years ago I woke up one morning and was one with everything- including my electric blanket..this Bliss lasted a couple of days.

I have a question and hope you can give me some advice
When I try to meditate and look inside for the source of " I AM" there seems to be nothing, and the mind comes rushing back in. What would you suggest I can do to hold on to this " I AM " and trace it back to the Heart?

Love
You have to find it first before you can hold onto it.

Look inside for the slightest sense that you exist.  See it as a spark or bit of electricity.

Read my new book and download for free from my website, http://wearesentience.com.

You have to do homework, and a lot of inner search.  Read my Hunting the I, also on that website.

Read also the Nisargadatta Gita and use it as a meditation manual. Read two paragraphs in the morning, ponder the meaning, then meditate on finding the I Am inside.  It is a feeling, not a thought or visual object. Then do the same in the evening, at least 2 hours before you go to sleep.

And realize this Self-Realization effort is a marathon and not a sprint.

Be patient and persistent.

Ed




No comments:

Post a Comment