28 May 2013

NOTICE!! Open House

I am planning to have hip replacement surgery in a little less than a month, on June 26.

Unlike the previous surgeon I consulted, this one performs what is called an anterior approach surgery which spares the major muscles from being split, which is a surgery much easier to recover from than the traditional approach through the gluteus maximus, and which requires a much shorter recovery time.

But I will not be able to feed the feral cats for about two weeks, or until approximately July 10 or so.

I am thinking of throwing my home open to visitors and continuous satsang during that period of time as I will be mostly housebound. Surgery is a good excuse not to do anything except sit and talk.

The previous surgeon had said surgery would be risky for me, as I have a permanently collapsed left lung due a dead nerve controlling the left diaphram.  Apparently, this presents a risk when the gas tube to the lungs are removed.  It can take part of the lung with it.

However, this new doctor only uses a spinal anesthetic, as the surgery is shorter and less extensive than traditional approaches which requires a general anesthetic.



4 comments:

  1. Congrats Edji; it sounds like the surgeon you spoke to this time has a much better offer. Wish you luck, and the Open House sounds great.
    Love,
    Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it all goes smoothly!

    rich

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ed.....

    What day will you be returning? As you know, I live in the Valley as well and we know each other personally. So I could stop by after you've returned. Just need to know your address in Northridge. You might also want to know my email and/or phone #.

    Best of luck with that,

    Mark

    ReplyDelete